Teen Anxiety Support Group
Are you crippled by Anxiety? Maybe Covid-19 has brought you a level of anxiety you didn't know existed, and though the crisis is easing, your anxiety is not. Do anxious thoughts swirl in your head constantly, with no ability to control them? Do your physical reactions to anxiety freeze you in your tracks or lead to avoiding the things most important to you? This group is for the teen that gets anxious at school, in social settings, in public, or in private. This group focuses on managing anxiety and growing in the skills needed to live productively amidst situations that make us anxious. Anxiety is normal, but suffering because of anxiety is not.
Group will start the week of July 5, 2021
Wednesday at 4pm (virtual only)
Thursdays 7pm (in person if available)
What to Expect
- Learn to understand how and identify when their anxiety escalates and leads to a crisis
- Understand the mind-body connection related to anxiety
- Identify triggers for anxiety
- Be able to challenge and combat negative, anxious thoughts
- Acquire a toolbox of coping skills to help in circumstances of heightened anxiety
- Understand when and why anxiety is normal
- Explore unrealistic expectations and core beliefs that may lead to heightened anxiety
- Openly discuss current circumstances with peers
This group uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to identify how anxiety affects one’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, and provides teens with resources, skills, and community to connect, relate, and grow further towards managing one’s anxiety.
Request more information
Would you prefer to speak with someone? Call Us.